Monday 20 May 2013

Welcome to SG Music Mine!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to SG Music Mine (& other musings)... I decided to name my blog "SG Music Mine", because this blog is going to focus on the music scene in Singapore (aka SG) and will include concert reviews, celebrity interviews & feature articles on Singaporean and Singapore-based musicians, as well as foreign artists performing in Singapore... and I used the word "Mine", because it has 3 different meanings:

1) Mine = the possessive term, as in this belongs to me, because as a Singaporean, Singapore music is mine, and it belongs to all Singaporeans.

2) Mine = a place where treasures are found, and in this case, I mean to say that Singapore music is like treasure waiting to be found, and since my blog will help you find it, my blog is a SG Music Mine, and these treasures are meant to be shared with the world.

3) Mine = explosive device, because Singapore music is explosive, and it's just lying in the ground waiting to be found, waiting to blow up with a loud BANG!!!

As for the "other musings", from time to time, I'll also write about other Asian artists; talk about performance venues, restaurants, bars, cafes and other interesting places in Singapore; share about events I've attended, movies I've watched, people I've met, things I've seen and done, stuff I like, and more... let's just call it my "Wild Card", eh? ;-)

My first entry will be a never-released-before interview with a Singaporean singer-songwriter-musician who is on the rise... so watch for it!

I am a freelance writer, and if you would like to use any of my entries and/or publish them anywhere else, I would appreciate if you could please email me at JediJean@gmail.com to let me know where my entry will be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment